Shiree Kitchen . Room 116 . skitchen@alpine.k12.ut.us . 801-756-8531 281 N 200 E American Fork, UT 84003

Friday, January 22, 2016

Jan 22


This week we started regrouping in math, wrote "I Dream...." papers and went over characteristics, predictions, authors message and connections in reading groups. In Social Studies we watch slides from my trip to Thailand and China. In Science we are keeping track of our how long it takes our melted ice cube to evaporate into a gas. We also made a bar of chocolate turn into a liquid and then harden again using the physical change of "heat".  That was a yummy experiment since we poured the chocolate on Honey Combs and ate it.

The students are forgetting their library books on Thursday. Please help them remember.  I f they want to participate it the end of year school wired reading party they need to be turning in their forms.  The next form is due Feb. 5th.

The topics they should have done are: Mystery, Biography, Free Choice, and Fantasy. They are getting pins that they put on a lanyard at school.  I am sure this will e a really fun activity. I hope most of my students will be able to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment